Friday, December 25, 2009

Only for people who actually know about facial care. The rest, please REFRAIN from posting.?

We all know, clean, tone and mosturize is a must. Every morning and every night. So with that part cleared. I just wanted to see some opinions regarding this thing I want to do.





The thing is I've just realized that I have one brand new anti-wrinkle cream and of course I don't wanna throw it away. It has no SPF so I used to use it during the night. But now I'm using just a mosturizing cream at night + eye cream and an anti-wrinkle mosturizer with SPF18 for daytime.


Would it be convinient if I switched every other night? One night plain mosturizer and one night anti-wrinkle?


The other thing is that the mosturizer is Neutrogena and I consider it of better quality than the Ponds anti-wrinkle cream (which, by the way, it's a little bit heavy... so maybe it wouldn't be great to use it at night).


On the other hand, I won't die if I use it every other night so I can finish it the bottle, right?





By the way, I'm 21.Only for people who actually know about facial care. The rest, please REFRAIN from posting.?
OK. I can't go into the whole details but here it is in a nutshell.





Cosmetics like the ones you are talking about are or two type:


anti-wrinkle and anti-aging. There is a difference.





Anti-wrinkle are basically moisturizers. Some are thin, some are thick. This governs as to how ';moisturizing'; it is. Anti-aging is another story. Since aging is a natural biological process, those which make this claim must contain something that retards the aging process. In that UV radiations is the primary cause of skin aging, the product (in the US) must contain a recognized ingredient which affects UV damage effects ...meaning a sunscreen.





Moisturizers are designed to affect the water-vapor barrier. That is a biological barrier in the skin that prevents you from leaking like a strainer. Only a small portion or water can get through it. By adding occlusive bariers on the outside, we reduce the amount of water that can travel through the skin. This is why the heavier creams are used at night since our body giving our skin a little more occlusiveness to allow the skin to enjoy the additional moisture.





Bottom line: You can use either one at night. But use one with a sunscreen during the day.





Hope this helps





JeffOnly for people who actually know about facial care. The rest, please REFRAIN from posting.?
Are you kidding me? You are so young and your using anti-wrinkle cream? By applying all these chemicals to your face daily, you are ruining your skin for the long run. I have flawless skin, and my daily routine is to simply wash my face with olay wipes morning and nite, and to apply suntan lotion during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment